Cash drawer setup
This is a guide on how to setup your cash drawer to open automatically when a receipt is printed
Notice: A cash drawer is activated by your receipt printer, so it only works together with a receipt printer.
- Check that your cash drawer has a cable
- Plug this cable into your receipt printer
- Now you need to configure your receipt printer for it to work
- In windows go to “printers and scanners”.
- Find the receipt printer in the list and click manage printer.
- Go to Device settings.
- Set Peripheral unit 1 / Cash Drawer 1 to “Document top”.
- Now click “Apply”.
Test by printing a test page an see if the drawer opens. If the drawer is locked by the key it will make a “clicking” sound which means it works.
How to get your receipt printer to open your cash drawer on mac
- Go to http://localhost:631/printers/ in you browser this enters Mac’s print server.
- If the computer says: “Web Interface Disabled” Go to the section below.
- Go to “printers in the top menu.
- On the list, click your receipt printer.
- In the drop down select “Set default options”.
- Click the “1. Cash Drawer” and select “Open Drawers 1 and 2”.
- Click “Set Default Options” and you are done.
- Test it by printing a receipt in Bikedesk.
Web interface Disabled.
- Copy paste: cupsctl WebInterface=yes.
- Click cmd+space.
- Search for Terminal and click open.
- Copy paste: cupsctl WebInterface=yes – into the terminal and click “Enter”.
- Go to step 1 above.